Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lola Brooks



I discovered a Jeweller called Lola Brooks. She has a website http://lolabrooks.com/ which for some reasoned I can’t get into, probably something really obvious that I missed! I discovered her piece while going through pinterest and absolutely loved it. The piece I saw originally was the Blood Garnet Heart brooch. 
The reasoned I was attracted to it was because I feel like it relates a lot to my B-tech. Although it is a heart with bows on it (which are both very commercial) she has managed to give it her own twist by using different materials. This piece is made from vintage rose cut garnets, stainless steel and 18kt gold. I later discovered the Bubblegum Heart Brooch with a really cute enamelled bow which is now on my Jewellery wishlist. 

I feel so inspired by her work and it makes me think that sometime during my B-tech I could accomplish my aim of making 'artistic" pieces which the public will like.


No comments:

Post a Comment