Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Facebook Education


I had a very weird experience this week. I received an order off my Facebook page for a brooch in the shape of a dog. I made it out of sterling silver 50 mm wide and 1mm thick. It was a very substantial weight. When I told her it would cost her R400.00 she said that she had no idea that it would be that much and that she couldn't take it. This I didn't mind because it was really fun to make and I received an amazing response to it on Facebook. But my question was...what did she expect to pay for a sterling silver brooch?


So I have decided to show people how jewellery is actually made by taking photo's and uploading them to my Facebook page. This is the first photo from this series and it is showing the alloying of sterling silver.
Ill let you know what kind of response I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment