Thursday, June 5, 2014

Contemporary???

So according to one of the lecturers my jewellery is not contemporary jewellery but craft jewellery.
The reasons that she says its not contemporary was because I am using traditional techniques (filigree) and typical shapes (tear drop).
This throws a little spanner in the works seeing that the tittle of my B-tech is Blurring Boundaries - Diffusing contemporary jewellery to commercial jewellery.
I am going to look into what craft jewellery is because from my understanding craft is a umbrella term for hand-made objects.
When asked where I think my jewellery falls in the very large category of contemporary jewellery my answer was studio jewellery, art jewellery and author jewellery (maybe the last is a bit of a push) but I will explain why I answered these in future blog posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment